Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Philippians 4: in my words

I will not worry about anything, or fret, or lose sleep, because instead I will pray and ask God with a thankful heart for what it is that we need. All things, spiritual and tangible will I lay at His feet and when I leave them there I have peace that no man can understand! In the midst of problems, financial strife, illness, confusion, whatever satan may throw at me, I leave them with God and He settles me down!

I will think on things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, excellent, and praiseworthy. If my thoughts don't fall under those categories I will not think them! Anything that reminds me of God, that He has taught me, or I have read about Him, I will imitate until I die. I want my life to look like the life of a disciple, leaving everything behind for His sake. I want to be crazy in love with God in a way that is radical!

I will not sit and think of all the things in this world I wish I had, or how I might wish my circumstances were different. Instead I will be thankful for God has given me much more than I deserve and not only that but I am thankful for hard circumstances that allow God to show me His strength in my weakness.  There are times I have had a lot, and times I have had nothing, but I don't care! I just want more of Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment